Wednesday, May 22, 2013

That First Step of Choice!

I felt so dizzy.....

Did I forget, AGAIN, to eat?  Did I eat a small something? Or was it just my coffee this morning?

I was sitting at the dining room table attempting to research something but my hand was shaking and I felt lightheaded and dizzy. As I sat there I begin to realize that this feeling was all too common. Many days I ended up shaky and low on energy because I had not taken the time to eat. Sometimes there just wasn't time for it.

I'm a busy mama. My days are full. My plate is empty.

My days are filled with cleaning, farm chores, homeschooling, laundry, errands, meal planning and preparing, etc.. When is this busy life is there time to eat? Time to take care of me?

We all have to come to a decision to take time to care for ourselves. It took me many years to realize this. I let myself go. Year after year and pregnancy after pregnancy. It wasn't until 2007 after a hard birth where I hemorrhaged did I realize that letting myself go had caught up with me.

In mid Dec. of 2007 I decided to join Weight Watchers and get healthy. I lost 100lbs in about one year  and my life was changed.

But it didn't stop there...
I have to make the same choice in different ways everyday. I have to choose to be aware of those things that sap my energy and leave me feeling weary. I have had to learn to say no when I just don't have enough of me to go around. I have had to find my limits.

I have to make a conscious choice to make time for myself, to exercise, go out to coffee with a friend, read a good book, spend time in Father's word, and relax with my children.
When I remember to do these things my days go better and not only does my body feel healthier but my spirit also!

Father doesn't want us run down and lethargic. He wants to give us life and life abundant.

.....I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. John 10:10b


There will be hard days and weariness. Life is hard and it can very quickly zap us of our strength but we can make simple little choices to keep our meter running on full instead of empty.

Take a good look at your life, and ask yourself what you can do to put that bounce in your step. What can you do to have a healthy body and spirit? What small thing can you change today which will start you on the road to big changes tomorrow?

Every big change starts with that first small step!!




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails