I would like to change....well, the WORLD!
I have asked myself quite often how I, a mama, who homeschools and spends my time at home with my children, can change the world?
How can I make a difference? Human trafficking, murder, children going hungry, famine, domestic abuse, homeless men & women and the list goes on..
This world is full of so many hurting people. I feel overwhelmed when I wonder how I can make even a small dent in such a BIG problem!
Recently after reading a book on human trafficking and the sex trade I was overcome with heartbreak and spent time in prayer. I asked the Father what I could do? How could I help them?
His peace flowed over me like a river; strong and warm and with it came my answer: Pray!!
Such a seemingly small thing but in reality the most important thing I can do.
It is when we pray that mountains are moved and men's hearts are changed. My small whispers to a Sovereign God make a ripple that spreads out to many! It continues to reverberate down through time and space. I often wonder? is there a place where all our prayers are stored and the long forgotten pleas of His children can still be heard in the quiet stillness?
What does scripture tell us? It paints a clear picture for us.....
Therefore, openly acknowledge your sins to one another, and pray for each other, so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16
Our prayers are POWERFUL & EFFECTIVE! They are not meaningless nothings. They are heard and answered by El Roi; The God who sees!
It is with this that I go to prayer. When in doubt that I can change our world I am reminded that it's a small spoken prayer to a loving compassionate Father that truly makes the difference!
No comments:
Post a Comment