Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Baby Wearing

A major dilemma. Yes, at Once upon a Child today I faced a major dilemma! I found the item I wanted to look at but to my consternation there was more than I had anticipated. They were there in front of me in all size, shapes, & colors.

 Some with what seemed like a gazillion straps and buckles and others with none. Some on the hangar looked like mini skirts but since that fad went out in the 90's I knew they must be what the tag claimed them to be!

What, you ask was I looking at? Baby carriers! Yes, those pieces of fabric with buckles and straps that we mothers use to carry our babies close to our bodies.

The sheer numbers of choices lends itself to confusion. Deciding which wrap or carrier is your favorite can drive you mad.

So what do most of us do? We buy one or two and sometimes 3 or 4! We use them with our checklist marking off the pros and cons only to discover we need another. This one just isn't working!

That's exactly what I have done. I have had many over the years. And today in Once Upon A Child I took carrier after carrier off of the hangar to try them on and tie or buckle them up.

And at the end of my adventure,  wouldn't you know,  I decided not to buy another one and be content with the one(s) I have!

Yes, I am one of those mama's who wears her babies..if you're like me you know exactly what I'm talking about!!

 



1 comment:

  1. Ha ha I'm one of those...or I should say was one of those...now my youngest is 5 but yes for years and years....I liked my homemade ring slings best

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails