Thursday, April 17, 2014

Our goings on...

Wow! Can you believe it's April already? Time just flies by doesn't it?!

There is a few new things going on at our home. We have a goat! Otherwise known as Judy Moody. She is pregnant with twins and maybe a surprise 3rd baby hiding in there..due the first or second week of May.
My children have spent many hours reading books on raising goats and then telling me and daddy all they have learned. And I am sure you can imagine how excited they are for the arrival of the kids!

A dog who lives somewhere in our neighborhood killed all but one of our turkeys and 2 of our chickens. That was a sad day. Want to hear a neat story, though? Three more of our chickens were gone and we assumed dragged off by the dog and killed but 3 weeks later the Hens returned! We were so excited but definitely surprised. It might not seem like much, but to us it was an answer to prayer and a miracle that they returned and alive at that! So, a sort of happy ending..

Two more of my sweet children will be graduating from Hawksley Haven Homeschool in June. It is so amazing how quickly children grow up! My sons Z & J are finished with their schooling and are now young men and embarking on a new and different part of their lives. J will be 18 this month and Z 17 in June. J is thinking about joining the military. It's a big decision but I trust that whatever he chooses Father has him in the palm of His hand and will work out the plan for J's life.

My oldest Mo is starting college in the fall at the local college here. She is majoring in Early Childhood Development and is hoping to earn an Associates Degree.

I am still hard at work on my own school work. The courses for Doula and Childbirth Education. I recently met Carla Hartley founder of Ancient Art of Midwifery Institute. It was so exciting to connect with her and glean from her wisdom.

And I am reading! A lot! I am making time to read as I really enjoy it and haven't made time for it in many years. Those little things are so important!

The last really good book I read was Partials. I'm just waiting on the 2nd book from the library now.

This summer we as a family our taking on a few new projects for our local famer's market. I am also going to be busy going through my bookcases and getting rid of many homeschooling books. I am going to sell them at our homeschool group's annual book sale. I have a birthday party for M & K in May and then a graduation party in June.

I am also revamping my homeschooling schedule and curriculum to make this next school year go more to plan and to reduce stress. We all need a little less stress, am I right?

Well, that's our life in summary. Until next time.....  

1 comment:

  1. We started with 14 chickens in April, got them as chicks at Tractor Supply, and now we're down to 1 hen. Our dog has ate a few we suspect, we caught a Bobcat on the game camera we set up, and we've also caught a raccoon carrying one off. We've now fixed up our coop a little better and hope to order some new chicks soon. I bet it's always fun to see the kids with all the animals.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails