Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Joy Dare!

At the end of last week a package arrived in the mail. It was a package that I had been waiting and hoping for. Hoping it would arrive soon.
With anticipation I opened it. The brown paper crinkly beneath my hands. There it was, a new book that I knew somehow would change my world a little at a time. A world that had become blah and grey and thankless.
And so I began my journey into this new world created by words on a page...
Do you wonder what book this is?

One Thousand Gifts:
A Dare to Live Fully
Right Where You Are

aholyexperience.com

After reading a few chapters I was once again surprised. Surprised that Father knew exactly what I needed. The perspective that I needed for someone else to shine into my little corner.

If you knew me you would know that I don't read books because they are the newest Christian fad or on the recommendation of a church or facebook page. This book has been on my heart and I knew somehow that it was a book He was giving me to read...

Ann Voskamp writes beautifully. She writes in such a way that all those thoughts in my mind that I can't quite find the words for..she somehow finds those words and captures them; pen to paper.
Many questions I wonder myself...no answers...but I am learning and growing...I am.

On Ann Voskamp's web site she is doing a Joy Dare and I have decided as a way to increase my blogging and because I NEED to do this..NEED to have thankfulness in my life to be a part of it.
I am a little behind so today's blog I will have to catch up.

January's Joy Dare
1. 3 things about yourself you are grateful for
    a. breasts to feed and nurture my babies
    b. my ability to forgive quickly
    c. I love deeply

2. a gift outside, inside, on a plate
    a. Sunshine!!
    b. Books
    c. the supper my dh made

3. 3 lines you overheard that were graces
    a. I bet you are so excited for that next one!
    b. Have I told you lately how much I love you?
    c. Well, he's not old, not really...

4. one gift old, new, & blue
    a. my grandpa; 87 yrs when he passed
    b. His mercies every morning
    c. a large book for large families

5. something you're reading, you're making, you're seeing
    a. One Thousand Gifts
    b. Love
    c. thankfulness is a verb

6. one thing in your bag, your fridge, your heart
    a. lavender lotion
    b. half & half; my tea is not tea without it
    c. fear

7. 3 graces from people you love
    a. my 15 yr. old son telling me he loves me
    b. supper served up warm
    c. His love letter to me

8. light that caught you, a reflection that surprised you, a shadow that fell lovely
    a. morning light flowing in through my bedroom window; so inviting and happy
    b. my face in the mirror with hair undone, expecting plain but seeing beauty
    c. plant hanging in my dining room and it's shadow on the wall, perfectly designed

All caught up! Tomorrow is Day 9!
      


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails